Classic Yacht Policy
Our Classic Yacht Policy is exclusive to Simon Winter Marine and is a unique insurance solution designed exclusively for classic, modern classic sailing and motor yachts and traditional boats.
The policy offers extensive cover and includes the following benefits as standard:
- Plain English ‘All Risks’ two page policy wording
- Full in-commission, refit and or restoration
- Extension of the in-commission period should lay up arrangements change
- Automatic road transit cover for vessels up to 40’, larger vessels by referral
- Automatic cover of up to £500 for tenders & outboards and personal effects
- Damage caused by vermin
- Single handed sailing
- Worldwide cruising ranges
- Up to 25% no claims discount
- Personal accident and medical expenses cover
- Cover for the rig while racing
- Private & pleasure or skippered charter use
- Third party liability extended to include sub contractors working on vessel
- Liability for the sale of food & drink (charter use only)
The Classic Yacht Policy forms the foundation of the service offering provided by SWM. Our status as a Coverholder at Lloyd’s allows us to provide instant quotations and commencement of cover on behalf of underwriters.
Insurance services are also provided to owners of modern craft operated on a private & pleasure or commercial basis. Other marine insurance policies arranged by SWM include employer’s/crew liability and medical expenses cover, marine cargo and marine legal expenses insurance.